Sunday, June 22, 2008

Canoeing 101

Life preservers... check, sunblock... check, oars... check, 2 squirmy kids in a easily tipped canoe... check check. Jon finally convinced me to take the kids canoeing. The Holt family accompanied us to Otter Lake. The scenery was beautiful (although very overcast). I was paranoid the entire time. Gavin kept leaning over the edge trying to touch the water. Reagan wanted to row. Neither of them could sit still for more than 5 seconds and I was sure the day would end with all of us swimming back to shore. Jon found my paranoia entertaining and had great fun in rocking the boat. Eventually he decided that was NOT a good idea. We covered most of the lake and Gavin was ready to move on to something else. We pulled up to the dock long enough to let Gavin and I head to the playground. Reagan and Jon stayed on the lake with some of the Holt's for a little while longer. The boys went to work making the fire while we got all the fix'ns ready for hot dogs and smores YUM! It was a great trip. No one fell in the lake, caught on fire or was eaten by a bear. Maybe canoeing isn't quite so bad.

2 comments:

Nicole Howard said...

Hey Sabrina...tell Julie I say Hi. I was in 6th ward with them. I love how small the military and the church are.

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

looks like you guys are enjoying alaska's great outdoors. glad to hear your trip went well.